094380E SHB50216 – Diploma of Salon Management
Duration: 12 months Part Time – Distance Education and or face to face * Or * 6 months full time – Distance or face to face
This qualification reflects the role of senior managers and small business owners of personal services businesses. They are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the business and for planning, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team. Salon managers also operate with significant autonomy to make strategic business management decisions. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a salon manager in any type of personal service business including hairdressing or beauty salons, barber shops and spas. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification, however it is highly desirable that you have completed a Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma of Beauty Therapy, or a Certificate III or Certificate IV in Hairdressing and have considerable salon experience before enrolling in this program.
Course format and packaging rules:
10 units must be completed; 7 core units and 3 elective units
- BSBHRM404 Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- SHBXPSM001 Lead teams in a personal services environment
- SHBXPSM002 Manage treatment services and sales delivery
- SHBXPSM003 Promote a personal services business
- SHBXWHS002 Provide a safe work environment
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
On successful completion, you will receive:
- A Testamur for SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management
- A Record of Results